In addition to our online services, NMSU Library is providing a Curbside Pickup for items physically located in Zuhl and Branson Libraries.
Beginning July 6, 2020, the NMSU Library announces a pilot curbside service to provide access to the circulating print collection in the Zuhl and Branson Library. Requests for materials will be made online. Hours of service are Monday through Thursday (9:00AM -1:00PM) and Friday, (10:00AM – 12:00PM).
Who can use Curbside Pickup?
Curbside Pickup is available for all NMSU affiliates, such as students, faculty and staff whose account is in good standing. If you have a balance due, please call 575-646-1852 before picking up your items. For the safety of our staff, we will not be able to process payments at curbside and you will be asked to pay your balance separately from the curbside service.
Who can pick up my items?
The borrower must pick up their items. However, faculty members could designate a proxy. Faculty must first fill out and submit the proxy form available online at library website. Staff will not release items to those without a NMSU ID.
How do I reserve items?
You can reserve most titles online through the NMSU Library website by accessing your NMSU account via Primo and using “Get It!”. There is no fee for this service. Once your hold is available, you will be notified. You will have 7 days to pick up your item(s). After 7 days, your item(s) will be placed back on the shelves.
How does Curbside Pickup work?
1. Reserve your items online.
2. Once your items become available you will be notified via email. You may then schedule to pick them up only during Curbside hours. You will have (7) days schedule and pick up your item(s). After (7) days, your item(s) will be placed back on the shelves.
3. When arriving, please park on the curbside on Breland Drive. After pickup, you will need make a “U-turn” with plenty of room utilizing the entry to McFie circle due to lot 45 under construction. See photo for the area to park.
4. STAY IN YOUR CAR and call the Zuhl Access Service Desk at 575-646-6910.
5. One of our staff members will approach your window from a safe distance to ask you to present your NMSU ID.
6. Once your identity is confirmed, staff will place your items in your trunk or back seat to minimize contact.
7. Staff are not allowed to take returns. Please return your items in the outside book drop near the Curbside Pickup location.
Contact Info: Patricia Mejia, Manager of Operations/Access Services
Phone # 575-646-1860
This guide has been created with the goal of helping the NMSU community as we navigate a new world living with the novel coronavirus COVID-19.
The tabs on the left directly address the following:
We love our NMSU community! Remember we are here still, working to help you as much and as quickly as we possibly can. We hope our students and faculty continue to have a wonderful semester of learning, despite the turmoil around us. Please stay healthy, take care of yourselves and your families, and love each other,
Given the changing nature of the COVID-19 situation, library services may alter in the coming months in ways we do not currently expect. We will update this guide to reflect any changes that occur. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these times of uncertainty.